Are you passionate about helping refugees and immigrants learn about the American financial system?
Are you looking for a part-time position with lots of flexibility?
Come work for us as a Financial Literacy Program Assistant!
Financial Literacy Program Assistant
Project Prosper is a grassroots, volunteer-driven organization based in Clearwater, FL that strives to provide financial integration services and resources that empower recent working immigrants and refugees to achieve financial stability. The organization is seeking a part-time Program Assistant to support current programs and future growth. The position is approximately 15-20 hours per week with room for growth. The Program Assistant position has flexible work hours, but availability in the afternoons and evenings is highly desired. Fluency in Spanish is highly desired, as is fluency in Arabic or French.
Successful candidates will:
- Be highly team-oriented and willing to pitch in where needed to ensure the team’s success
- Display a strong work ethic, excellent organization, and excel at managing multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Possess superb written communications and public presentation skills for varying group sizes and a wide variety of cultures, socio-economic backgrounds, and English-speaking abilities
- Have familiarity with American financial systems and/or a strong will to learn
- Be very comfortable using a computer, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Google Drive, and OneDrive
- Be committed to Project Prosper’s mission and vision and energized by working with adult ESOL learners and the volunteers who help deliver programming
Duties and responsibilities include:
- General management of the Financial Literacy program including site scheduling and coordination, volunteer coordination, maintaining a database of demographics and reporting metrics with accuracy
- Teaching groups of adult participants about financial literacy topics as needed
- Supporting Executive Director in outreach events, community resource fairs, and volunteer events
- Continually searching for ways to improve programming in innovative ways
- Supporting Loan Program activities as needed
- Other duties as needed.
The salary range for this opportunity is $12 – $14 per hour. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Assistant Application” by May 13, 2019.