Are you passionate about helping refugees and immigrants learn about the American financial system and better their financial circumstances?
Are you looking for a part-time position with lots of flexibility?
Come work for us as a Program Assistant!
Project Prosper is a grassroots organization that provides financial integration services and resources that empower recent working immigrants and refugees in our community to achieve financial stability. The organization is seeking a part-time Program Assistant to support the Loan and Financial Literacy Programs. The position will start at 15 to 20 hours per week with potential for additional hours as the organization grows. The Program Assistant position has flexible work hours, some of which may be done remotely, but availability in the afternoons and evenings is highly desired. Native or full fluency in Spanish is required.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate Loan Committee Meetings and disseminate meeting minutes
- Review Loan Applications and interview clients with Loan Committee members
- Be the main point of contact for the organization’s borrowers and mentors
- Prepare for, schedule and participate in loan presentations and closings
- Manage loan tracking with Trakker Loan Servicing Software and reporting to credit bureaus
Financial Literacy Program:
- Prepare Financial Literacy Class materials
- Maintain student database including entering demographic information, attendance, and evaluations
- Teach classes in English and Spanish as needed on a variety of financial topics
- Assist in the creation and dissemination of the monthly newsletter and other program outreach
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of volunteer training
- Assist with organizational event planning and execution
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will:
- Be highly team-oriented and willing to pitch in where needed to ensure the team’s success
- Display a strong work ethic, excellent organization, and excel at managing competing priorities
- Possess superb written communication and presentation skills in English and Spanish
- Have experience working with a wide variety of cultures, socio-economic backgrounds, and English-speaking abilities
- Have familiarity with American financial systems and/or a strong will to learn
- Be very comfortable using Microsoft Office, Outlook, Google Drive, and OneDrive
- Have reliable transportation to travel to community sites as needed
- Be committed to Project Prosper’s mission and vision
The Program Assistant will earn $15 per hour. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Assistant Application” as soon as possible.